Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bermuda

Bermuda


This is the island of Bermuda,
it is located 750 miles off the coast of North Carolina.
It is governed by England.
And I was lucky enough to spend my formidable years there.
This is the house that I spent my teen years. It was called 'The Pillars.'
Now, it is up for sale by Christie's.
Notice the roof. It is made of limestone and is stepped down so that the rain flows down being caught in the cisterns under the house. Bermuda doesn't have a public water system to mention. Either you caught the rain off the roof or have it trucked in. So showering with a friend is very acceptable.
Living Room- I kind of made a mess of the fireplace when I was 15 yrs old.
 The flue wasn't open! OPPS!
My Dad built added onto the house and see the Moon Gate.
 That is a Bermudian Symbol.
You are overlooking Harrington Sound (the body of water) it is salt water.
If you look at the map you will find Flatt's.
That is the only entrance into Harrington Sound.
Until we meet again
Claudia


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...