Friday, May 16, 2014

If I were going to have a dinner party- Friday



If I were going to have a dinner party- Friday

Have you ever played Dinner Party? One would tell who they would like to sit next to at a dinner party and why?

Let’s play!!!
Where: 
 


My backyard (I wish)


Who: Now that is a great question-who would I like to sit next to or in between at a dinner party? Today I am in a fun mood so I would like to sit in between.

 


George Clooney. He can bring Amal, (his finance) she is an International Attorney, and can you imagine the conversations. She deals with human rights, criminal law, and extraditions. I think that she would be amazing and would enlighten the conversation. I hope that she is funny, also.

 


Brad Pitt. He can bring Angelina but maybe leave the kids at home.


Why? They both are quick witted. 
         
I think that the night would be filled with humor and intellect. 



Food: Recipes for Bbq.
  


Grilled Swordfish with Saffron Garlic Sauce and a strawberry and macadamia nut salad with asparagus.

 

Recipe: Ingredients



  • 1/2  cup fresh bread crumbs Bread French baguette, crust removed
  • Pinch of saffron threads, crumbled
  • 1 tablespoon hot water
  • 2 large cloves garlic, smashed
  • 1 egg yolk, preferable pasteurized
  • 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper
  • 1/2  teaspoon smoked paprika, hot or sweet
  • 3/4  teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/8 - 1/4  teaspoon cayenne, optional
  • 4 swordfish or salmon steaks, about 1-1/2 pounds total
  • 1/2  teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 lemon wedge
http://www.recipe.com/grilled-swordfish-steaks-with-saffron-garlic-sauce/
  


Desert: Crème Caramel- it is easy and light for a summer’s night party.

 

Recipe:Ingredients
  • 1   recipe 
Basic Caramel
  • 2   cups whole milk
  • 1   cup heavy cream
  • 2/3  cup granulated sugar
  • 1/8  teaspoon table salt
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 large egg yolks


  • 1   teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Basic Caramel:

·         1cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4  teaspoon fresh lemon juice



Ok now, this is make believe so here is my dress. Did I mention that it was casual?!
 


 


Wow I look good!!

What is your party? Let me know at claudiebasinger@yahoo.com

Until we meet again
Claudia
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...