Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Loom Knitting-Beginners Welcome

Okay, I am hooked on Loom Knitting. I have a series of youtube videos to help you get started.  Follow the link to get started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u43wfnmb3M

The crafter is know as the Good Nite Knitter.

Check it out.

I have been experimenting with different yarns.

When working with the Soft Yarns, I found that the yarns are too small in circumference and the gauge on the loom are too large, I gives the hat a too loose stitch, so, I remembered that Knit and Crochet Now! a TV show on Create TV, did a stitch and it goes like this:

 I don't know if you can see the difference in the stitches,
 

Below is the using two strands:


Below is an example of a worsted yarn is which is thicker than a "soft" yarn.


Below is an example of a "soft" yarn.


It is looser in the stitch which can be great for a summer hat, but, it you want a tighter stitch use the following:

"e-wrap" your loom three times.

Only use the bottom loop to bring up and over. It doubles the stitch up and made it thicker.

I am sorry for my bad teaching, I hope that you followed the examples. Good luck!



Until We Meet Again
Claudia





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...